Saturday 24 January 2015

Super Sample Set Review | ORIGINS Skincare

Origins is a brand I've heard a lot of great things about so its no surprise that a few products were on my list to try. Though Origins isn't the most affordable brand for myself and many others so it wouldn't be the best idea to go straight out to buy the full-size products straight away. When browsing the Boxing Day sales I came across this sample set reduced from £35 to around £22, it contained a few products I've wanted to try so I snapped this up straight away. 



I've been using this set for about 3 weeks now so I thought I'd give my thoughts on the products. Rather than attempting to explain what each of the products are I'm going to include the description from the Origins website and say whether I agree with its claims and whether I'd repurchase.


"When it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This Origins gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without cancelling each other out. It helps to seek out oil, soaks it up then keeps it well in-check, while it balances and protects dry prone zones. And Broadleaf Kelp breaks down dirt, disperses excess oil and sends dullness down the drain. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched."

The verdict: This definitely breaks down any left over makeup on my face and leaves my skin feeling smooth. Though this facial wash does smell quite strongly of soap which I'm not keen on and I feel it leaves my skin feeling quite tight. Apart from that I think it's great although I wouldn't repurchase at £18.50.


"Put dullness to rest. Wake up radiant & refreshed. Now nature's famed night cream is newly fortified with a system of time-released resurfacers plus Vitamins C, E & H, minerals & moisture-rich replenishers. While relaxing aromas lull you to sleep, skin sloughs away dry, dead layers. Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins™ helps the appearance of dullness."

The verdict: I love this, my skin feels amazingly hydrated after using it and my skin definitely looks better when I've woken in the morning. I also really like the scent of this and it does relax me ready for sleep. I've noticed the difference when not using this so I'll of course be putting this on my to-buy list, although it is £34.50 I think its reasonable for a hefty 50ml.


"Origins GinZing™ instantly hydrates and revs up radiance.
This lightweight, oil-free, skin energy drink, fortified with legendary skin-boosters like Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean, jumpstarts hydration levels. Lacklustre-looking skin is rapidly refreshed and revitalised to create a healthy, vibrant glow."

The verdict: This is the product I've heard most about, I have been enjoying using this in the morning to wake me up and give my skin more life. My skin feels smooth and prepped for makeup, though I'm not completely blown away by this yet. I'll give this a little longer to decide whether I'd actually repurchase this product so watch this space.


"Nature's clinically-proven morning-after GinZing™ eye cream helps to reduce the look of dark circles. Unsightly bags and puffiness seem less visible. And Origins proprietary complex of Caffeine from Coffee bean, Panax Ginseng, Magnolia Extract and natural optic brighteners rapidly wakes up, refreshes and restores radiance to tired eyes."

The verdict: I'm not sure this reduces the look of dark circles but maybe that's just because mine are so bad. However I would agree that  this wakes up the eyes, making you appear more radiant and alert. I've been enjoying using this though at it's price for the full-sized product, it wouldn't be within in my budget to repurchase.


"When environmental pollutants, dirt and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew in Origins Clear Improvement® gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best."

The verdict: This is such a quick face mask as it dries hard within just a few minutes of putting it on. Once washing away my skin feels so refreshed and although this mask is fast drying my skin didn't feel tight afterwards. I've definitely noticed a difference in the appearance of blemishes and the size of my pores are reduced. If i'm in need of a deep cleansing face mask, i'll definitely look at repurchasing this at £23 for 100ml. 

"Skin-refining Rice Starch cushioned in cream, rapidly removes sluggish cells, uneven patches and signs of skin damage and discolourations. Lemon Oil kick starts the process of illumination. Vitamin C mops up skin-menacing free radicals.There's no ouch, extra steps or other complications. No redness or flaking follows. With Origins Modern Friction™, skin looks perfectly polished, smooth and luminous."

The verdict: I've got combination skin so I do have patches of dryness. The grains in this scrub are so slight that they really get to work on dry patches by removing the flaking skin. I love how bright and replenished my face looks after using this and the Lemon Oil is very present, expect tingling nostrils after using this- haha! I would repurchase this as its £12.50 for 50ml. 

"The resurrection plant Rose of Jericho, plus skin-reviving Trehalose and Sea Harictos work hand-in-hand to help hardworking skin rebound and recover from dramatic dehydration in Origins Make A Difference™ rejuvenating hand treatment."

The verdict: I've not got much to say about this product as I dont really dabble in hand care- oops! This product again is scented with Lemon which I'm a big fan of! The cream is very light and sinks quickly into the hands without leaving a greasy layer which is a bonus, as nobody likes oil slicked hands when attempting to open something sealed tightly. I won't be re-buying this as i'm not all that into hand creams so i'd rather use a more affordable brand but this is very popular as it's currently out of stock on the Origins website. 


I'm intrigued by the high quality products that Origins has to offer, though not all of these products were for me, I have no doubt that another few products will crop up on my 'to-try' list. Watch this space to see if and what I repurchase in due course *prepares to be skint*.

Have you tried anything from Origins? What did you think of it?
Let me know below!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I have not tried anything from orgins before but i would love to in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'd recommend trying something like this sampler set, you may even find sample sizes for sale on eBay or Depop!x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X